Ten Things You Should Know About Catholic Charities
- We serve anyone in need regardless of his/her race, ethnic background or religious affiliation.
- We helped more than 1 million people last year.
- We have 157 programs at 162 sites in Cook and Lake Counties.
- Our shelter programs gave 1,600 people a safe place to sleep last year.
- Each week, we invite hundreds of hungry and homeless men, women and children to have a meal at our supper programs.
- Every year, we provide a safe harbor to hundreds of women and their children escaping domestic violence and abuse.
- Every month, we provide food, clothing and shelter to over 10,000 people with critical needs.
- We provide over 1,300 affordable apartments to elderly senior citizens on low, fixed incomes.
- Each day, we have to raise $700,000 to keep our programs serving all of our clients.
- 92 cents of every dollar we raise goes directly to help people in need.
Catholic Charities Mission
Catholic Charities fulfills the Church’s role in the mission of charity to anyone in need by providing compassionate, competent and professional services that strengthen and support individuals, families and communities based on the value and dignity of human life. In order to remain faithful to our mission, Catholic Charities is guided by these core values: Respect, Compassion, Competence and Stewardship.
Catholic Charities: Helping people strive for self-sufficiency for over 95 years in Chicago